Tag: Solar Policy
The National Press Club Newsmakers Committee hosted this morning a panel of U.S. solar industry leaders to discuss the importance of the Treasury Department’s 1603 Grant Program.
Shayle Kann of GTM Research unveiled results from the quarterly “U.S. Solar Market Insight” report, which detailed the U.S. solar industry’s growth through Q3, 2011 – the best quarter ever for the U.S. solar industry. Rhone Resch, president and CEO of the Solar Energy Industry Association; Tony Clifford, chief executive officer of Standard Solar and Joe Desmond, SVP, BrightSource Energy participated in the panel discussion which was hosted and moderated by Bracewell Giuliani energy expert Frank Maisano who is a member of the club’s Newsmakers Committee.
Clean Energy Industry Legislative Reception 2010
Join the Maryland Clean Energy Center and fellow clean energy industry representatives at our first–ever Legislative Reception and continental breakfast.
Come to Annapolis to network with others in the industry, meet your legislators, and help shape clean energy policy in 2010! Free Registration closes Friday Feburary 19!
Speakers confirmed for this event include:
- Senator Rob Garagiola (D – District 15, Montgomery County)
- Delegate C. Sue Hecht (D – District 3A, Frederick County)
- Secretary Al Collins, Maryland Department of General Services
Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 8:00AM
Miller Senate Office Building, West I
11 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401 (map)
There is no charge to register for this event.
Advance Registration Required by February 19: REGISTER NOW!
HELP SHAPE ENERGY POLICY IN 2010!
- Get the State of the Industry. Our breakfast program will feature brief remarks and presentations from industry representatives and legislative champions.
- Network and Connect. Meet others in the industry and make valuable connections with other Maryland companies, researchers, and entrepreneurs.
- Meet Your Legislators! Following the breakfast reception, you’ll have the opportunity to meet individually with your legislators. Be sure to make an appointment in advance! To find out who your lawmakers are and how to get in touch with them to schedule time to meet, check here.
REGISTRATION CLOSES FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19 - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY!
- Be sure to bring your photo ID with you – you’ll need it to access the government buildings.
- Any updated agenda information or schedule changes will be sent via email.
- Need directions and parking info? Click here. Parking in Annapolis is difficult during session, so we recommend carpooling if possible.
- Bookmark this page for future reference – all updates will be posted at mdcleanenergy.org/reception.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in Annapolis!
Solar Energy Grant Program
Program Note October 19, 2009:
The Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) is pleased to announce that it has reopened the Solar Energy Grant Program as result of funds made possible by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Public Law 111-5 (ARRA or Recovery Act). Limited funding is still available to Maryland residents and small businesses who intend to install qualified solar photovoltaic, or solar hot water systems.
$1.25/ watt for the first 2,000 watts of capacity
$0.75/ watt for watts 2,001 – 8,000
$0.25/ watt for watts 8,001 – 20,000
System must be under 20kW to be eligible; maximum grant amount is $10,000.
View the revised application forms at http://www.energy.state.md.us/incentives/business/solargrants/index.asp.
To see if your home or business is an ideal solar candidate, receive a no-cost solar evaluation from Standard Solar by visiting http://www.standardsolar.com/Solar-Evaluation.aspx.