Ready to get your SES process started now? Click below and contact our SES experts today.
Home Energy Audits - Take your first step in reducing your energy costs
An SES energy audit provides customized information so you can better understand how your home may be losing energy.
An Energy Audit
Standard Energy Solutions’ (SES) comprehensive energy audit process utilizes the most current tools, software and energy efficiency practices to make your home more energy efficient. We first conduct a homeowner interview and then conduct a series of technical inspections to assess the true energy needs of your home. Based on all the information collected, SES provides you with a customized audit report that will recommend energy retrofit needs for your home. More details on the Audit Process are listed below.
Your Home is Our Home
As your trusted energy solutions partner, SES takes pride in respecting your home. Our experts treat your home as we would our own and do our upmost to respect your time and leave your home the way we found it.
Help Yourself (and Your Utility)
In order to meet their goals, many local utilities currently have incentives and rebates in place to help offset the cost of your home’s energy audit. Some of these programs offer our comprehensive energy audit, a $400 value, for just $100. This means you could get the same professional SES audit experience and customer service for a fraction of the cost. Check out our Incentives and Financing page to see what is available from your utility company.
When Efficiency Also Means Safety
During your SES energy audit, we preform visual and technical inspections of combustion appliance ventilation and exhaust systems within your home. These inspections and tests can often reveal unseen dangers in your home, such as gas leaks or blocked exhaust passages. Addressing these issues will not only improve the efficiency of your home, but will also make it a safer place for you and your family.
Trust Your Expert
Our highly-trained experts know exactly what to look for and how to optimize your energy options to ensure you get the most comfort and energy cost reduction from your SES solutions. As a BPI Accredited Contractor, SES can be trusted to perform your home energy audit and improvements to the highest standard.
A typical SES home energy audit consists of the following steps:
- Client Interview: Upon arrival, your SES expert will sit down with you to discuss your concerns, comfort issues and collect basic energy information about the home.
- Review of Utility Bills: During the interview we will review 12 months of your utility bills to determine the home’s historical energy consumption and discuss any patterns or observations made from the review.
- Visual Inspection: Before performing any audit testing we will walk throughout the property with you to observe the current condition of the home and pinpoint any potential problem areas.
- Technical Inspection: Your SES expert will complete the following technical inspections to further verify the energy efficiency of your home:
- Infrared Inspection: This test visually determines where heat or cold is escaping from your home and will allow us to pin point areas that would benefit from additional insulation and air sealing.
- Blower Door Test: This test is used to determine the air leakage of your home and will allow us to recommend how to improve the air tightness of the home.
- Combustion Appliance Zone Test: We will perform a series of tests that evaluate the efficiency and safety of your home’s combustion appliance ventilation and exhaust system.
- Customer Report: Upon completion of the energy audit SES will produce a detailed report including current energy usage, health/safety concerns and building air tightness. We will also include other energy solution recommendations that our experts think could benefit your home, such as a solar panel installation, LED package or one of our energy management offerings. After we complete your audit process, the next step is your retrofit process.