Ready to get your SES process started now? Click below and contact our SES experts today.
- How long does it take to schedule the retrofit?
- How do I prepare for the retrofit?
- How long will my upgrades take?
- What precautions are taken to ensure my home is not disturbed during the retrofit?
- Who will oversee the improvements?
- What should I expect when the work is completed?
- Who fills out the incentive forms?
- How long will it take for me to get my rebate or incentives?
- SES typically schedules retrofit work 3-7 business days following receipt of a signed copy of the contract and deposit.
- If we are installing additional insulation, we ask that you please remove all personal items from the attic. If we are replacing your heating and cooling systems we ask that you please clean around the area to make sure it is cleared for our experts to work. We also ask that you move personal items from basement walls if we will be insulating them.
- Depending on the scope of your improvements and our test out procedure, most upgrades are typically completed in one 8-10 hour day. Occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, we will have to return to complete some minor items and will do our best to work around your schedule if this occurs.
- Our SES experts and experienced subcontractors strive to keep every home as protected and clean as possible. We cover flooring, carpeting and stairs in protective plastic and clean thoroughly upon completion to return your space to its pre-work state.
- SES’s Project Manager will oversee your entire retrofit from start to finish making the process simple and convenient for you. From directing subcontractors to completing test outs, our Project Manager will be there to answer your questions and ensure that the job is done right.
- Upon completion of your retrofit you will receive a leave behind packet that consists of our Energy Efficiency Certificate, incentive information, an owner’s manual with product information, an efficient home window cling and SES yard sign acknowledging that your home is now energy efficient. You will also receive a final blower door test report identifying how your retrofit lowered your home’s overall air leakage level.
- SES will help guide you through all of the requirements for securing local, state, utility and federal tax incentives, however, the homeowner is ultimately responsible for filing these forms. Since available incentives change frequently and are project specific please speak to your SES Account Manager to discuss which incentives may be available to you.
- Depending on the type, state and utility incentives can take 8-12 weeks to receive. Incentive checks will be sent directly to the homeowner. Tax based incentives, however, will be claimed as deductions on your tax returns. For specific questions, please contact your SES Account Manager.
Have more questions for the SES experts? Contact us today and we will be happy to provide you more information about energy efficiency for your home.
Common questions about our audit process are also available.